Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mile 450

Mile 450-
I'm sitting on a couch with my feet propped up and eyes looking about the room at Greasy Creek Friendly Hostel; watching this bonfire of the vanities type movie play out. 25 hikers in one house last night seeking refuge from the thunderstorms on iron mountain
Leif ( Adam ) is sitting next to me with koda, (no shakemhand)is in the recliner at my 9 o'clock talking to (bear magnet) who just realized she is done hiking, plagued by fatigue and joint pain she is getting tested for Lyme disease. Her husband
( deadline ) is walking about being nosey, and making my opinion that being and sounding to educated is actually a possibility if when u speak it sounds like your reading verbatim from a psychology book written in theatrical terms, he later decided to quit the AT with his wife .Gerber is sitting on the other side of me reading a magazine telling me how he respects my military service and that I look mid 20's not the 35 yrs I'm quickly creeping up on. Castaway Jesus who resembles Tom Hanks and man kinds interpretation of Jesus himsef is talking to Connie about His tab. the majority have been here 3 plus days, seemingly seeking refuge from life let alone the storm and AT, I reckon for the hostels homely feeling, and miss connies motherly ways to all hikers passing through. This will be Sweaty Chetter , hot sauce and bumble bee's 4th night ; they should move in lol. Leif and I won't be here long, we are taking a zero day today ( May 15) and plotting our movement to Damascus, Va for trail days the 18th-20th.

UPDATE!!!! Adams trail name is Leif ( leifur) after the Nordic explorer Leif Erickson

" The limitless glory that moves throughout and within all of us is inexpressible "

I found that written on a tree.
GOD Speed to all the soul searchers on the AT- one foot in front of the other; one mountain at a time.

Nomad



Sent from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment