Sunday, May 13, 2012

On Our Way To Hotsprings, North Carolina





We are back, lack of reception makes it hard to up date on time. 3 weeks down, 300 miles hiked. Long distance miles have been accumulating between 15-20 miles each day. There are no such thing as easy days, even the short ones are hard, so we have just accepted it. Hills are kind to the knees, shins and feet, but murder on the calves , quads and buns! Down hills are just down right murder on everything, so I have resorted to wearing knee braces so I can one day play with my children later in life, and not leave my knees on the AT. Koda is back , I think she may have got out of shape a little while on vacation, but she will be up to speed in no time.
Now look closely at what I'm about to tell you, roots are slippery! Lol thats all i'm gonna say about that. And when it rains you might confuse us with either 12 year old girls or 90 year old women I haven't decided which better suites us yet, due to the amount of complaining that's associated. I have determined that Adam is of Eskimo heritage for his ability to sleep without heat, while me on the other hand will probably still be wearing a beanie on summer nights.
No matter how great our endurance is every day is hard in it's own way at some point, and the longer distances we hike the more I feel like it's a right of passage. it's not often that you can admit that you have walked 20 miles in one direction over mountain tops; we are fortunate to have that ability, especially since some people would be happy with half of what we have. GOD knows I don't for one second take what he has given me for granted.
God Speed to all the soul searchers on the AT
Nomad


                                                                     Adam & Koda
                                                         

                                                                 Koda Looking Beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment